Types of Hair loss in Women
Hair loss also called as Alopecia is caused by many factors such as:
- Hormone related Hair loss (Androgenic alopecia)
- Chemotherapy related Hair loss
- Oral Contraceptives and affects on female Hair loss
- Iron deficiency and female Hair loss
- Medical related Hair loss
- Child labor, Menopause and female Hair loss
- Thyroid problems and women Hair loss
- Stress related Hair loss in women
- Androgenic Alopecia
1. Hormone related hair loss (Androgenic Alopecia)
Though Androgen Hormone which is a main sexual hormone is a main cause of hair loss in men but also effects hair loss in women.The main hormones secreted by women are estrogen and progesterone. Women also secrete Testosteroum hormone in less quantities compare to that of men. The effect of Androgen in women is countered by estrogen which is why women never become completely bald.
2. Chemotherapy related Hair loss
Chemotherapy drugs have adverse effect on Hair follicle. The Anti cancer drugs such as breast cancer drugs mainly cause hair loss in women.
3. Oral contraceptives and affects on female hair loss
Oral contraceptives are mainly taken by women to control birth. Conception of oral contraceptive suppresses the actions of estrogen and progesterone. As progesterone and estrogen has anti testostrone effect suppression of progesterone and estrogen leads hair loss in female.
4. Iron deficiency and female Hair loss
Iron plays a very important component that is present in hemoglobin and has a vital function such as supplying oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and cells. Deficiency of iron leads to anemia and thinner and non healthy hair in women.
5. Medical related Hair loss
Medical related hair loss and the other terms called as Telogen effluvium is cause by intake of certain drugs.
6. Child labor, Menopause and female Hair loss
Usually many women during their pregnancy do not experience hair loss but most of the women experience hair loss after their delivery. The main reason for hair loss in women after delivery is due to the decrease in estrogen levels where as during their pregnancy due to increase levels of estrogen women doesn’t experience hair loss.